This picture above pretty much sums up 16 months! BUSY, CLIMBING, CAN'T STOP WON'T STOP TODDLING MANIAC.
Did you catch that? Toddling maniac!!! That's what we have been calling her. She is nuts! She never stops!
Things Nora does at 16 months:
- Climbs anything and everything- I turned around to get something from the fridge and she was standing in her eating chair that clips to the counter. I turned around to get something while grocery shopping and she was standing in the kiddie seat part of the shopping cart. She climbs on every couch, chair, pillow, bed and coffee table in sight.
- Says a few words, but nothing much yet. She only has one syllable of each word as of yet. She says BA- bath, bottle, book, boots, baby, bum
NO- snow (doesn't actually say NO yet!), nose
"Me" for Please is still her favourite word. It's too funny! I'll say "What do you say?" when she wants something and it comes out like this short little grunty "ME, ME, ME!" or I say "say please!" and she does it again.
- Loves the snow and going outside for walks and playing
- Still eats anything and everything
- Has 2 more teeth- she cut one of her top "fangs" and one of the bottom ones. The other 2 are in process right now.
- She loves to wrestle with Tom and last week he had several scratches on his bald forehead that were quite noticeable! Oops!
- She still makes a ton of animals sounds- owl, snake, cow, sheep, horse, cat, dog, fish, pig!
- She LOVES books. They are still her favourite thing to play with. We recently took out all her Christmas books and she amazed us all with how well she can find things in the I Spy book. On the first page, she can find "A clock, a bumpy green pickle, Santa on a sleigh and a face on a nickel. A frog on a leaf, a chubby teddy bear, white and black keys and a yellow pear". I almost died after she pointed to all of those but the "keys". She sits and slips through pages of books many, many times throughout the day.
- She has started to play with her Baby doll too. She tries to feed it her toy bottle and play food, covers it in a blanket and gives it kisses. It's too cute!
- She turns our apartment upside down all day long- cupboards (which are now locked up), every piece of clothing gets pulled out of her dresser and ours, my craft supplies are all over the place if she manages to get into it, etc. This is one of the disadvantages to having such a small apartment- there is no room to baby gate- the whole place is fair game!
- She is obsessed with the toilet and is always looking at it and trying to flush it, plays with the toilet paper and pretends to wipe with it and says PEE when she sees it! Maybe a sign that potty training may be on the horizon?!
She makes us laugh everyday and I still can't wait to kiss those cheeks a million times and squeeze her to death!
|All ready to go tree hunting!|
|15 minutes later....|
|Always wanting to be the little helper!|
|On a side note... I attended my first craft fair on the weekend and it was a great success!|