|Start by lining the cups of a greased muffin tin with a cross of bacon. I slice each bacon piece in quarters- in half lengthwise and then in half width-wise. You will need 6 pieces of bacon.|
|Combine the wet ingredients in a bowl and add a heaping cup of leftover rice. Mix it in and add the dry ingredients.|
|Fill the muffin cups almost to the top with the batter and bake for 25 minutes. I used a 1/4 cup measuring cup for each muffin.|
|When they come out, the bacon has crisped up and the bottoms are nice and brown from the bacon fat and sugar combining to caramelize. They're a great recess snack or to accompany your lunchtime soup!|
1. Cream 2 T of shortening, margerine or butter with 1/2 cup of sugar.
2. Add 2 beaten eggs, 1 cup milk and 1 cup cooked rice.
3. Add 1 1/2 cups flour, 2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt.
4. Grease muffin tins and line with a cross of bacon on the bottom.
5. Fill cups with batter and bake at 375 for 25 mins.
Tweedle Tip: You should never stir muffin batter too much. The more you stir, the more point your muffin tops will come out. For nice round muffins, stir the batter as little as possible.