Here's what you do:
1. Follow my instructions here on sterilizing and preparing the jars for canning. I described it all when we made dill pickles this summer.
2. If the raspberries are frozen, thaw them out completely without draining any of the juice away. You need it!
3. In a large pot, measure out 6 cups of raspberries. Mix one package of Certo (can be bought at any grocery store) with 1/4 cup of sugar and stir that into the raspberries. Let this come up to a boil.
4. When it boils, slowly add 4 1/4 cups more of sugar while stirring constantly. The sugar may clump up if you add too much at a time. Keep the heat on med-high and stir continuously until the jam boils while you stir- a hard boil.
5. Continue to let it boil for 1 minute while stirring and then remove from the heat and stir another 5 minutes.
6. Now it is ready to put into the jars. Put the lids on and let them seal at room temperature.
ENJOY! This jam is SO much better than any store bought jam!