This recipe is actually from the Best of Bridge and it is a super easy and yummy dish to take to summer potlucks. I have never made this and not had someone ask me for the recipe. Everyone always loves it and it's a great alternative to pasta and bean salads that so many people like to make. You can make it the night before, or just hours before serving also.
Curried Rice Salad
1. In a medium sized pot, combine 2 T of butter and 2 T of curry powder and melt together until curry is fragrant. Add in 3 cups of chicken stock and bring to a boil.
2. Pour in 1 1/2 cups of white rice, turn heat to low, cover with a pot and simmer for 20 minutes without lifting the lid of the pot.
3. When rice is done, transfer it to your serving bowl and let it come to room temperature.
4. Stir in 1 1/2 T of lemon juice and a bunch of green onions, chopped.
5. Lastly, chop into 1/2 inch chunks, one apple and throw it in as well as 1/2 of raisins and 1/4 slovered almonds.
6. Chill until ready to serve and enjoy!