I am writing this post with nervous excitement to announce my Etsy shop! As you know, I have toyed with the idea of doing this for a long time and wondered what I would fill a Miss Tweedle shop with. I have finally created something that I am really proud of, that I believe in, and that I think I can actually sell.
It has been weeks of researching my competition, thinking about the work load, designing and creating samples, and branding my very own line of hand embroidered hoop art.
In the shop you will find many designs for both boys and girls. ALL name designs are fully customizable. You get to pick the names, colours, patterns and embellishments for your hoop art. If you love a certain design and colour scheme I have, I can re create it for you, or you can pick and choose what you would like. When you click on a given listing, the description will tell you what that specific listing includes and how to go about customizing it with me.
Boy art designs include moustaches, hats, vehicles or crowns and girl art designs include flowers or bows. Either one is available with 1-2 plain embroidered names or with the name appliquéd in felt. If you would like to add a birthdate to the hoop, I can do that as well.
If you would like a specific embellishment or picture on your hoop that you don't see in the shop, I am happy to accommodate that too. For example, if you had your heart set on a name with stars and a moon, just ask and I can do that! It is impossible for me to make samples for all the embellishments I can think of, but I am happy to use your ideas if you would like!
There are also "ready to ship" items which are smaller hoops that are one of a kind, finished and ready to be sent to your doorstep. These are little pictures and sayings that will brighten up your gallery wall or fill a tiny piece of wall space that needs art! Most of these are not only for kids and babies, but can be used in any room in your home.
People often ask me where I find the time to do all this with a baby. I think it is important to make time for your hobbies and things you enjoy doing even after you become a parent. I don't find crafting a chore. It's what I do to relax. I don't watch TV much anymore. When Nora is napping or after she goes to bed in the evenings, I look forward to tidying up the house, finishing the dishes and then sitting down with my projects. So, you are doing me a favour to help me unwind and relax by ordering some hoop art from me!
Here are 10 ways you can help Miss Tweedle Crafts grow:
1. Favourite (heart) my shop on Etsy.
2. Favourite (heart) as many of my Etsy listings that you like.
3. Share the shop and/or any of my listings that catch your eye Facebook.
4. Share a photo of my shop logo or one of my listings on Instagram and tag me (@misstweedle) or hashtag #misstweedlecrafts while you're at it!
5. Tweet about the shop and/or any of my listings on Twitter.
6. Pin any and all listings (the more the merrier!) to any of your Pinterest boards that you like.
7. Blog about my shop's opening and/or include one or more of my listings in any of your posts - now or anytime - that you'd like. (And certainly feel free to blog about anything you've bought from me, either before it arrives or after). I would love to see your houses and rooms with the walls adorned with Tweedle Crafts!
8. Email the link to my shop (www.misstweedlecrafts.etsy.com) to friends and relatives that may not use social media.
9. Like Miss Tweedle on Facebook and/or follow me on Twitter and Instagram to keep updated on the latest designs and projects as well as to see what's happening with the blog and with Nora.
10. Spread the word!!! Tell people you see on the street, at work, school or at the gym!
Do you have a new baby in your family or circle? Re-decorating your kids room? Creating a gallery wall in your house? Now is the time to dive in and have me create something for you!
I have a surprise for all you faithful Tweedle readers. From now until the end of June, I am offering you a 20% off coupon! Simply use the code TWEEDLEREADER20 when you purchase anything from my shop and you will receive 20% off any order in the month of June!
Thank you all for reading Miss Tweedle and for your continued support of all my hobbies!
CLICK HERE to see the shop!